Saturday, December 30, 2006

Mary had a little Pig-A sensible nonsense poem



Mary had a little Pig
It's steaks were white as snow.
And they were so juicy and big
She liked to eat them so.

But this statement has logical fallacies,
And goes against Peta policies.
Consider if you will-

'You can't have your cake and eat it'
Then how can you with a pig?
And besides, if thePig was little,
How can it be juicy and big?

Thus I ponder this cosmic riddle,
With sweaty brow and thumbs a-twiddle.
Walked in circles and triangles.
Parallelograms and quadrangles-
UNTIL!
I came to a conclusion-
The perfect solution-
If you can't beat 'em,
Join 'em.

Now I'm off to Mary's to dig
Into some Pig.

1 comment:

smoke said...

yay! the pick stick poem which actually turned out to be the pig steak poem... Lol, just thinking of the lady with the 'orrible pronounciation! Hehe...

Ah. Steak. No no, I'm not thinking of food. Well, I'd be lying if I said that. But i'm not thinking only of food! What this poem brings to mind... A whole afternoon of looking at inspiration. Er, I mean, looking FOR inspiration. Ahem. I can't believe you actually managed to work out a rough rhyme scheme while I sat there despaired of how modern free/blank verse, with their convenient lack of rhyme schemes, are so devalued in our country! Hehe...

I must say... Sree's blog. There's so much to read! ;)