Sunday, January 21, 2007

Tears of a Tree




 Hear me-I'm the Tree!
And I sing of Nature & Irony.
I sing of tenderness
In the bark of a Tree
Of Cruel Fates and Reality.

Look at me!
Observe my stance.
My arms wide open,
I hide Nothing.
Yet you ignore the tears in my Bark.

You are blind to the Truth you see.

I have in my core
A twin Torment
That circles around itself.
Ireconcilable,
Unable to rest,
Within this tortured Tree.

See here- my roots
That kiss the Earth.
Drinking Her tears when She cries.
See here- our bond
Like the umbilical cord,
Without Her there is no Tree.

But see also- my brown arms
That stretch towards the Sky.
Straining against my solid trunk
To sip the Sun's golden wine-
The life blood of the Tree.

The Earth pulls me down.
The Sun pulls me up.
I'm caught in this Tug of War.
And Nature laughs
In full-throated glee
At the plight of a torn Tree.

Oh soil! Oh Sun!
Two halves of my troubled heart-
Can't you see?!
If you tear at each other
You tear apart this Tree!

You are different-I know.
I KNOW.
That is an undeniable truth...
But I know this too
That no matter how different,

Neither can I let go.

No comments: