Saturday, May 05, 2007

The Case of the Missing PAss book



Have you ever heard that story of the old miser who buried all his gold under a tree to return and find there so many similar trees around that he didn't know whaere his gold was? The word he was probably searching for at that moment was "GAAAAAH!!!"

Well that poor miser has my entire sympathies!

Yours truly is notorious for her carelessness. Therefore, when my family saw me off at the hostel doorway their last advice was "Take care of your stuff." Well...I DID take care of my stuff. I knew exactly where everything was(well atleast most of the time). But disaster struck when I went to Delhi.

My pass book was very important.It was that golden key to my bank and therefore my financial stability. So when I left Chennai, I made sure I kept it safe and sound.
Sadly, I kept it SO safe, that when I returned I couldn't find it!
I searched high and low and in between to no avail. The pass book was in the limbo of lost things.
It wouldn't have been so bad if the same thing hadn't happened again! I return from Kuwait without any fears and then realise i can't remember where the blessed thing is! Damn, blast and every other expletive!

It wouldn't hurt so much if I HAD been careless. The whole problem arose because i SO careful. The Irony! The Injustice! The sheer Idiocy!! Is there some conspiracy to make sure I'm pass book-less atleast once a year?!Ah well... c'est la vie Join me in prayer that the bank issues a new pass book for me without kicking up a truckload of dust, and that at least this one doesn't leave me in the lurch.

2 comments:

Poshgit said...

Am on my knees already, fellow git ;-)

[S]im[o]na said...

haha, i know d feeling... i hid my university card so well, now even i cant find it! poor you... get an atm card instead! lol